Located in Madison, Indiana, this attractive garden-style apartment community for persons age 62 and older with lower incomes has forty studio and one-bedroom apartments. Rent is based on the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s guidelines for income level, age, and disability. Eligible residents pay just 30% of adjusted gross income to cover rent and select utilities.
The Hope Community features well-maintained apartments with appliances and carpet and all utilities included with the exception of cable TV, Internet, and phone. Your place to call home also offers:
- Individual entry doors and screen doors for enjoyment of the outdoors
- Common area for social, recreational, and craft activities,
- On-site coin operated laundry services
- Wheelchair accessible apartments
- Attractive grounds in a residential neighborhood
- Access to transportation services
- Individually controlled heating and cooling units each apartment
- 24/7 on-call emergency maintenance
- Smoke free since April 1, 2016
The Hope Community employs a Service Coordinator who makes referrals and provides residents with resources for aging and health care services located in the surrounding community. Service Coordinators also offer education about health and wellness and connect residents with volunteer opportunities and community engagement activities.
Date Established: 1993
Address: 2020 Cragmon St., Madison, IN 47250-2289
Phone Number: (812) 273-5474